Thursday 24 June 2010

Day 19: The definition in the leg

So, after a day of working with vectors, matrices and quaternions*, I was quite happy to go to the gym and do my 30 minutes of Cardio and multiple weights exercises.

Luckily I had Frankie Boyles company on my trusty iPhone and could keep me occupied while running 3 km on the boring Crosstrainer. A word of warning, Frankie Boyle is quite rude, right up there with Andrew Dice Clay and Jimmy Carr.

Anyway, during my quick shower between the halves of Germany's great win against Ghana, I noticed my leg. My calf to be more exact. Now let me explain. Being a proud kind of person, I always believed I had strong legs. After all they had to carry all of me around (You try lifting anything above 100kg). My calves always seem to be quite solid, but while bending over in an attempt to get myself clean, I actually noticed some definition on my leg and I don't mean in the shape of a melon (like they used to be), but you can actually see some muscle shape like those guys in the movies that all the girls like.

This might all sound funny or weird, but its small things like this that keep people like me going! You lucky I didn't submit a picture :P

Anyway I need to get back to work!
Pierre

* If these terms are unknown to you or you only have a vague idea of what they are, imagine the worst equation you have ever solved and multiply its difficulty by 1000. That is how complicated it is to grasp these and afterwards they make you feel like an idiot, as you should really know how they work and the headache you have is just due to you being lazy. At least that is how they made me feel.

Breakfast: Muesli
Lunch: Left over Veggie Pasta
Dinner: Chicken Tortillas
Other: N/A

1 comment:

  1. Lol. Your post script of the "quaternions*" reminded me of every single math's class in my last year at school :) Yuck!! And yes, I agree, it's the little things that encourage you to keep going with the diet. Best of all are actual body changes. Keep going, our hearts are with you.

    ReplyDelete